So, the “Liebster Award is a chain award created by bloggers and passed on from one blogger to another to encourage connections. It is a wonderful, fun way to interact and make friends in the blogging community.”
These are the rules:
1. Thank and link the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions given by the nominator.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers, who have less than 200 followers and link them.
4. Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
5. Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
I’d like to thank Purpledragon for the nomination. Didn’t even know this existed. Well here go the answers to her questions.:
1. What inspired you to start blogging? I started blogging because I had started writing on a pay-site, which turned out not be a huge disappointment. I had taken a break from Facebook (as in deactivated the account). I still felt the need to write, but more than “spilled coffee this morning” type writing. Through my experience with the writing site, I found some people were interested in what I had to say. That’s just a bonus if I can be of some help or shed a different light on something. I just enjoy writing, I always have (as you can tell by the long response lol).
2. What is something you dream of achieving? I would one day like to have all my children home for Christmas. My oldest is in the Army (stateside), three are in NY, and one in CA.
3. Do you have any phobia’s if so what are they? Sharks! I contribute this unusual, irrational fear to Jaws, which came out when I was like 7 years old (or something like that). I will not swim in the ocean, I have read too much to know about their behavior, I try not to fly over the ocean if possible (including picking different airports) and will never go on a cruise!
4. Do you prefer reading or watching TV? I definitely prefer reading. I can make “friends” with the characters.
5. Which super power would you rather have, flight or invisibility? Invisibility. I am rarely in the “lime light”. I prefer making this happen from behind the scenes.
6. What is something people don’t understand about you? I’m actually very introverted. I used to break down in tears at the simplest confrontation. When I first got divorced (remarried now), I only had me to stand up for me, so I did. I am very challenging to deal with, but I need my quiet time. I need time to recharge. I don’t like conventions, amusement parks, large crowds. I must attend events that puts me in these situations, but I can’t deal with them for long and I avoid them whenever possible.
7. Do you keep a diary or journal, if so what would you do/ how would you feel if someone read it? I used to. My mother found mine once when I had to move back home after a house fire. That’s how she found out I was a battered wife. I had kept the secret for 6 years.
8. Is your bedroom usually neat or messy? Messy. Too much going on to keep it pristine. Plus, who’s really going to see it. That’s what the downstairs is for.
9. How many countries have you visited (no matter how briefly) other than the one you live in? None. I have never left the U.S.
10. What small things make you really excited, name at least three? Playing with puppies, hearing from my deployed adoptees, meeting a set goal
11. Do you have a favorite saying, if so what is it? “be like water”. It’s from a Bruce Lee quote. I fell in love with it, when I first watched an old interview with him when I was a teen. It’s stuck with me all these years.
Now for my nominees. I chose you for writing something that made me smile, elicited water from my eyes or made me say, “right on!”.
Ok, now for your 11 questions. Wow…this one post is taking some time to put together. Ok, here goes nothing…
- Who is someone you admire and why?
- What is your favorite city?
- What did you want to be when you grew up and are you doing that now?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Name three things you find admiral in a person.
- What is your favorite thing to write about?
- What do you find inspirational?
- What was the last random act of kindness you did?
- Past or present, if you could meet one person, who would it be and why?
- If you could have one “do-over” in life, what would it be?
- Were you surprised to receive this nomination?
Ok, folks, that’s all. I’ll be notifying you shortly so you can answer and play along. However, work calls and I need to get going at the moment. I’ll check in from the office. TTFN!