Without anyone else to walk me through the hellacious insurance nightmare, I figure Lucy could provide a better explanation than what’s been offered so far. This is today’s exercise in futility.
- My plan hardly has any providers – still getting those set up (4 months later…sigh)
- We’re going to be borrowing providers from an established plan – week late on that being done….(sigh)
- Given a name to a specialist – as my plan is able to authorize referrals without a PCP. Yet, the provider refuses to set appointment without PCP referral (catch 22 much?)
- I don’t have a PCP because there aren’t any providers setup in my area yet (see the first two line items)
- PCP (if available) doesn’t handle my issue – so I’m supposed to waste $25 plus lose time from work ($$$) to see someone to write a damn referral for something they don’t address, to someone who won’t see me without referral from someone not qualified to assess my issues?
So Lucy, I say again….you’ve got some ‘splainin to do.
NOTE: If anyone would like to take on the roll of Lucy, please feel free to entertain me. It’s really almost laughable at this point.