*Steps up on soapbox*
Hello…I’m going to say my peace about buying and selling on Facebook. Feel free to agree (or not). Having been an admin a sales boards, as well as a buyer or seller, this is how I see it….
- Provide the city your item(s) are in.
- If you are willing to travel to meet buyers; say so.
- Go in order of contact. If someone by-passes the comments and PMs you (hoping to jump ahead of someone), let them know their place in line.
- If listing more than one item for sale, either use the “Start Discussion” option to get out of listing a primary price OR list the most expensive item first and subsequent items/prices in the description.
- STOP using screen shots from other groups. It’s harder to see the item (and that’s just for starters as to why you do don’t do that).
- READ the rules for each group. They are there for a reason and you’re not so special that they don’t apply to you.
- If you get permission to post something, add “Admin approved” to the beginning of your post.
- Keep all appointments. Do not cancel at the last minute.
- Remove your post when it has been sold.
- Have the exact amount of money the item is being sold for. No the seller doesn’t need to make change for you.
- Keep your appointment and be on time! If you agree to buy something, then show up to buy it. Time is valuable; including the seller’s.
- Be prepared to pick up the item. It’s not the seller’s responsibility to get the item to you.
- If you respond to purchase something, be prepared to pick it up. If you need to make arrangements for a later day/time, let them know that upfront; not after you should have been at the meeting location.
- Ask ALL the questions about the item BEFORE agreeing to the purchase. Do not ask them after you have agreed and set a time/location for pick up.
BOTH Buyers and Sellers need to be respectful of each other. Times are hard. Facebook allows free advertising and the ability to stretch our paychecks by getting rid of items we no longer need and/or want.
*Says ‘Thank You’, nods and steps off soapbox.*